Friday, September 10, 2021

Art Museum Alternative

This semester, my students and I are supposed to visit an art museum in conjunction with our studies of Western Civilization. However, since we're in the time of Covid-19, visiting art museums or pretty much anywhere is quite restrictive. 


As an alternative, I have decided to take the students to view public art such as murals, sculptures, and even a graffiti park. This actually works out great since the students just held a debate concerning whether or not graffiti should be legal.  


As it happens, one of my art school classmates is one of the artists who participated in a Park Wall Graffiti Festival held last weekend. I'm excited to take the students to see his artwork as well as all the other artists. I think they are more excited about this trip than they were about going to a museum!











No comments:

Post a Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss